Subscribe by Email

Saturday, February 22, 2014

New words and growing up!

Lately the kids have been saying some funny things and I thought I'd take a moment to try and write a few down and remember them. My little Jetta is growing up so fast! She is a big talker and LOVES to sing! She is constantly trying to sing songs or hum a tune. It would probably help if she could say more words and less gibberish. I am finally making sense of some of her gibberish. For instance

Buh-HE: Bentley
Boo-ba: Toothbrush
Mil: Milk
Co-'or: wants to draw or color
Peeease: Please
Tank Hough: Thank you
'b' ball: any ball, basketball or not
bee bee: baby
ah-side: outside
Applesauce: she loves apple sauce!
kay: cake
Jew: juice
Sto-wee: usually means she wants you to read to her
Sockie: socks (she has a weird fascination with socks)

I love hearing her repeat our words. She's mastered mommy and daddy. Grandma is mama, and grandpa is papa. She loves her papa. Every time we visit my folks' house and my dad isn't there, she looks around asking about papa. Her hair is getting so long too! I can all her hair in 1 pony tail now. It's so different from having a boy!

Bentley has been acting very silly lately. He loves to make people laugh. It is ADORABLE when he makes Jetta laugh a big, hearty, belly laugh. Usually he's smashing her on the floor or pushing her into the couch, but she thinks it's hilarious and of course he keeps doing it because she laughs so hard. I wish I could catch it on video.

He has taken to using made up words a lot. Some times it's funny, usually it's met with little enthusiasm. We are trying to break him from inserting "poo poo" into his splay of words. It's proven a little difficult. I don't think he says it thinking about poop or pottying, it just flows off his tongue nicely.

We have progressed a little past the constant "why" and a little more into the actual wanting to understand "why." "Mommy, why doesn't the kitty potty in the big potty?" "Why do we need money to buy things?" "Why is that his name?" "Why does it rain?" He also really likes to know what is going to happen in the day. For example, we went to a carnival at our church last friday and I told Bentley earlier in the day that it wouldn't be until after daddy got home. Joel gets home and Bentley wanted to know what was going to happen in what order before we were able to go to the carnival. He needed to know what to check off his list.

 He currently has a fascination with "cranes." Cranes are anything that has a rope or wire of some sort and picks things up. So... a tow truck has a crane on the back. The machines with toys in them where you move the lever, drop it and try to grab a toy are also cranes. Construction equipment that even remotely resemble cranes, are cranes. It's kind of fun to watch him play pretend right now too. He has such a fun imagination. The other day I heard him in the other room with a couple kids I baby sit. They were all on the top bunk of the bunk bed and Bentley would hold a baby doll over the edge and say 'Oh no, the baby is in trouble. We have to save him!' And then someone would grab the doll and they would do it all over again. I just purchased a new area rug for our living room this last week and Bentley informed me today, while pointing at it, that there were sharks down there. (The rug being a water-y color)

I love my kids. They are so fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment