Subscribe by Email

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Another baby?

Immediately after Joel and I were married, I couldn't wait to have a baby! Joel wanted to wait a year and I wanted a baby PRONTO. We compromised and didn't get pregnant for 6 months :) After Bentley was born, I was in LOVE. That boy was the center of my world and was the perfect child. When he was about 8 or 9 months old I started to have that desire to have another one. Joel thought I was crazy so we waited 3 or 4 more months before my desire was so strong I wasn't waiting any longer. After Jetta was born, Joel and I looked at each other and said "how do people have MORE kids?!"

You can see why it is strange to me that I am not having a strong desire for another one. Even now, with Jetta being 18months old, I find myself strangely content with what we have. It's an odd feeling considering that I want a big family. 4 to 6 kids. (sometimes! haha) We passed a deadline that I set for myself a while ago for getting pregnant. That deadline came and passed and I felt at peace with it. I've set a new possible date for thinking about 3. Who knows, maybe 2 is all that's in the cards for us. That's a strange idea, but I love my kids. A boy and a girl. It would be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment