Subscribe by Email

Friday, September 24, 2010

Baby boy

Well our baby boy is now 2 weeks old. I can't believe how fast the time has gone already. People tell you it goes by fast but somehow this is just way too fast. Some of his newborn outfits are already too short for him. His little legs have to be bent in order to fit into them. He is such a long baby too. At 2 weeks he is already 7lbs 2oz and over 21inches long. Joel and I have decided that he is gonna be tall and skinny like his momma. When he was one week old we got some pictures of him taken by our cousin Sarah Zwygart who does photography for a living. Beautiful photos! 
Joel has always said to me that all babies look alike and they're all ugly. I think his opinion changed when we had Bentley because I hear Joel quietly telling him how cute he is and that he's a beautiful baby. I'm sure he'll never admit to it. But I love observing Joel as a father. There is so much love for this little being. He said to me the other day, "I like when he holds my finger." It made me smile. Currently he sleeps 3-4 hours at a time in the night. We really like that. If we go to bed at 10, he usually wakes up between 1 and 2 and then right around 6. So it's nice for Joel because he only wakes up once in the middle of the night and then at 6 he has to get up for work anyways. Momma loves being home with baby. Couldn't be anything more important in the world. We're enjoying our little boy.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment