Subscribe by Email

Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Costco experience

On Friday I took the kiddos to Costco. Bentley LOVES costco for 3 reasons.

1. He gets to sit up front by Jetta (when I was a kid we coveted sitting in the basket...)
2. I usually treat us to Pizza in the food court (after shopping) if the kids have been good.
3. He gets a smiley face on "his" receipt, which is apparently the best thing ever

So we go to Costco and I notice early on that my cart is building up a lot of static. And by "notice" I mean, it literally shocked me every 10-30 seconds. Now if you've ever been to Costco, you'd know that it is not a small store. And of course, the thing I was hoping wouldn't happen, did. I shocked my kids. At first Bentley was a little startled and giving me confused looks. Jetta on the other hand cried Every. Single. Time. It got to the point where it wasn't these small shocks either. It started to hurt! I would jump or my hand would instinctively fly up and I'd say ow. So, like I said, at first Bentley was startled. But this is where it gets good. Then he starts saying stuff like "Don't hurt me Mommy" "That hurts" "Don't touch me Mommy".... So to interrupt a little, I said before it was Friday and that means Sample day. So everyone and their dog is at Costco... As we walk through the store I'm getting funny looks because my child is yelling that I'm hurting him and don't touch me and "Please Mommy, don't hurt me anymore." The only thing I could do was say as often as I could that "it was the static and I didn't mean to shock him" and "I'm not trying to hurt you baby, it's the static"

I practically ran through the store to get my things. Several times I almost asked someone to trade me carts because here is Jetta crying and Bentley yelling that I'm hurting him... haha... I don't know why my cart was building so much static but it definitely made for an interesting day at Costco!!

No comments:

Post a Comment